This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Message indicator Xine

I have an irritation problem - when playing a DVD with Xine I keep getting popups from the message indicator telling me as folk go on and off line in Kopete or skype messages are coming in.
    Is there any way to stop this when playing full screen video?

Thanks

Re: Message indicator Xine

Just change the notification setting in Kopete.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

kopete has a setting for what the kopete icon does when a message comes in and whether to raise the window to the top or not but nothing on using the message indicator or not. Even if this were present it would not stop messages about skype (or anything else the message indicator cares to tell me about)
      What I need is a global turn off message indicator when playing a DVD (rather like don't turn on the screen saver when watching DVDs)

Comment

You can configure the Information Notification widget, but not in the way you are asking, i.e., pop-up notifications except when playing DVDs in full-screen mode. That level of control isn't available AFAIK.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Pity, I was rather hoping there was something obvious I had missed somewhere 'cos it is really irritating!
          I suppose I will just have to remember to log off the network before watching a DVD next time
          Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X