This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RESOLVED ONCE MORE: No sound with, I suppose, Flash in Firefox or Chrome

Every time I upgrade I go thru hell getting the Flash Player plugin to work. I made a similar post about Karmic, but now I have to add that Lucid is no exception.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled flashplugin-installer and flashplugin-nonfree but to no avail. This is becoming quite frustrating...

Help, again, please.
    'I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.' Mark Twain

Re: No sound with, I suppose, Flash in Firefox or Chrome

So, what steps did you have to take to resolve the problem in Karmic? Have you repeated those steps?
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog
      So, what steps did you have to take to resolve the problem in Karmic? Have you repeated those steps?
      sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install flashplugin-nonfree

It does not work this time, unless I have to reboot first.
      'I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.' Mark Twain

Comment

Next day, so I have rebooted and the sound works now.

Thanks.

Comment

Re: RESOLVED (again...): No sound with, I suppose, Flash in Firefox or Chrome

One day later, after another reboot, I am again without sound.

Words fail me. Well, polite ones.

Comment

Re: NOT RESOLVED (again...): No sound with, I suppose, Flash in Firefox or Chrome

Hey... I had the same problem. Installed and uninstalled flash- non free like a 100 timesss. For some reason i went to my sound mixer and turned up pcm mono and there i was... Now i have sound...

Comment

Re: NOT RESOLVED (again...): No sound with, I suppose, Flash in Firefox or Chrome

Well, I have had so many problems with KDE that I installed Gnome and am trying it out again. Under its "Sound preferences", there are input and output tabs. There, I found that it was using the internal Intel controller rather than my Soundblaster Audigy. So I changed that and now I have sound -- under Gnome, at least. Don't remember where you can change this in KDE.

Will try with KDE again ... later.

Thanks for your input.

Comment

Yup, it's working in KDE too.

Comment

Re: RESOLVED ONCE MORE: No sound with, I suppose, Flash in Firefox or Chrome

Im glad no sound suxs big time..

Comment

Working...
                  X