X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDE SC 4:4.3 with Adjustable Clock 2.2

Hi,

installing AC2.2 via package manager makes KDE crash all the time when trying to do any change to its options. Tried to install it via source, but then i get missing header problems, like no /usr/include/plasmaclock/* path in kdebase-workspace. Am i missing devel files or whats wrong? And how to solve this? Thanks.

Re: KDE SC 4:4.3 with Adjustable Clock 2.2

If you are installing with KPackageKit, don't. Install Synaptic (which you can do with KPackageKit) and try installing the package with it. Or, install via the CLI (console) using sudo apt-get install packagename.

KPackageKit simply doesn't do all it needs to do sometimes. It really isn't ready to be the default package manager.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I think problem is that widget triggers something to make KDE crash, this is well known AC2.2+KDE4:4.3 bug. Check google or so. As I mentioned, i cant install it via console, as it gives the same result, so the only way is to compile the source, but this one doesnt work either, as for this solution im missing some paths like /usr/include/plasmaclock as mentioned before. Maybe its that im on 4:4.3-0 and its still not there, tho i know its there in 4:4.3-1 or 4:4.3-2, so should be here also.

Comment

The official repositories have (now) > Package: plasma-widget-adjustableclock (2.2-0ubuntu3)

A bug report > Bug #546781: Plasma widget Adjustable Clock crash entire plasma-desktop
        (Confirmed by the Olaf Lenz)

A PPA repository > PPA for Olaf Lenz has:
        Changelog

plasma-widget-adjustableclock (2.2-0ubuntu4) lucid; urgency=low

* Nothing done really, just need to rebuild.

Version 0ubuntu4 is not crashing at here...
        Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
        1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
        2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Working...
        X