X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED]: Flash 64 / Firefox 3.6.4?

Does Flash 64 work on Firefox 3.6.4?
    I had 64 bit flash working fine on FF3.5 but since upgrading to lucid with Firefox 3.6.4 it's dead in the water.
    I've tried the version in the repositories, the version form Adobe (the tgz, and moving/linking the .so file), I tried the method here: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Re...20for%20x86_64
    Ubuntu 9.10 (Karmic Koala) and Later

Use the Adobe Flash PPA and install the flashplugin64-installer pacakge. You can do this by copying and pasting the following into a terminal:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:sevenmachines/flash && sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install flashplugin64-installer
    I tried the apt version lower down on the same page.

I've disabled flashblock, adblock and everything else, tried starting FF in safe mode. I've tried purging and reinstalling FF.

Nothing. Any ideas?

EDIT: Been fiddling with it and aboutlugins shows two entries fro flash plugin, one of which I htink has to do with my Crossover Office install

Shockwave Flash

File: dosdevices_c^3A_Program+Files_Netscape_Communicato r_Program_Plugins_NPSWF32.dll.so
    Version:
    Shockwave Flash 9.0 r16

MIME Type Description Suffixes Enabled
    application/x-shockwave-flash Adobe Flash movie swf Yes
    application/futuresplash FutureSplash movie spl Yes

Shockwave Flash

File: libflashplayer.so
    Version:
    Shockwave Flash 10.0 r45

MIME Type Description Suffixes Enabled
    application/x-shockwave-flash Shockwave Flash swf Yes
    application/futuresplash FutureSplash Player spl Yes
    So it looks like it's installed...

EDIT2: rooted out the Shockwave Flash 9.0 r16 from crossover -- deleted the entries in pluginreg.dat.
    Now only the Shockwave Flash 10.0 r45 is showing up in aboutlugins. Tools>Addons>Plugins shows only Shockwave Flash 10.0 r45, it's enabled.
    I still don't get flash

EDIT3: Never mind. I changed profiles and it works fine, so something in my profile was screwing it up. Not sure what though...
    Dont pretend you havent noticed my cardboard box, Julia, because I know you have!
Working...
X