Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[SOLVED] Disable internet access for Amarok?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Disable internet access for Amarok?

I genereally like Amarok, I use it exclusively for playing music or filmclips that I have on my harddrive.

Amarok however seems to connect internet anyway more or less constantly for (in my opinion) completely unnecessary, silly purposes like looking for Youtube-clips with the same artist I'm playing at the moment, disc covers etc. (These are then displayed in a little window within the Amarok window).

As I do not have flat rate but pay for my internet usage "per MB" I would really like to stop Amarok using the internet and save me some money.
    Of course, I simply can disable my internet access whenever using Amarok - but sometimes I want to listen to music and browse the net at the same time.

I browsed the Amarok documentation on the net, but did not find a hint on how to switch on/off the Amarok internet function.

Some advise from anyone?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Toshiba Satellite L500D-11D, AMD Turion X2, ATI Technologies Inc M92 (Radeon mobility HD4500 series), Kubuntu 10.04,

Re: Disable internet access for Amarok?

You can disable unwanted widgets anytime. I assume you are using 2.x branch of Amarok with default layout . Look down on the middle panel (the one between music sources and playlist). There should be configuration button in the right bottom corner. Click it and then you will be able to add/remove widgets. You can also hide the entire context panel - try View->Lock Layout on the main menu. I don't know if hiding the panel actually disables its widgets though.

Comment

In the Settings menu, choose configure Amarok, then Internet services. Turn them all off, and remove the video widget (use the little wrench). You should also remove the lyrics widget, photos, similar artists, wikipedia, and anything else that uses last.fm or the rest of the Web. Click the wrench again when you are done.

Does this do the trick for you?

Valorie

Comment

I think that worked! Thanks!
        Toshiba Satellite L500D-11D, AMD Turion X2, ATI Technologies Inc M92 (Radeon mobility HD4500 series), Kubuntu 10.04,

Comment

Working...
        X