Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I disable kbluetooth, etc in System tray?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I disable kbluetooth, etc in System tray?

In Kubuntu 10.04, printer applet, kbluetooth and keyboard layout is always started in system tray. I want to disable those.

How should I do that?

PS. I found one method. It is to remove the program icons in /usr/share/autostart/. May I do this? I think that there is one better than this method.

Re: How do I disable kbluetooth, etc in System tray?

I tried this and it worked for me: right click on the bluetooth icon in the system tray to open up the context menu, and left click on the "Quit" option. In my case it does not appear anymore.

Good luck

Comment

If you're not using bluetooth, remove it.

Please Read Me

Comment

Thanks everyone. But I moved files in /usr/share/autostart/ to another folder.

Originally posted by vincenzo16
        I tried this and it worked for me: right click on the bluetooth icon in the system tray to open up the context menu, and left click on the "Quit" option. In my case it does not appear anymore.

Good luck
        In my case, this solution does not work well.

Comment

I think the proper way to disable the keyboard layout indicator/switch is to use System Settings -> Personal -> Keyboard Layout.

No. System Settings > Regional & Language > Keyboard Layout > Layout and uncheck Show country flag

Sorry abalone!! I mistakenly hit the Modify button instead of Quote. Saved before I realized my mistake. That's what I get for jumping in before I've had my third cup of coffee. :P

Comment

Originally posted by abalone
            I think the proper way to disable the keyboard layout indicator/switch is to use System Settings -> Personal -> Keyboard Layout.

No. System Settings > Regional & Language > Keyboard Layout > Layout and uncheck Show country flag

Sorry abalone!! I mistakenly hit the Modify button instead of Quote. Saved before I realized my mistake. That's what I get for jumping in before I've had my third cup of coffee. :P
            "Show country flag" only toggles whether the keyboard layout indicator is decorated with a colourful flag... it doesn't stop it from running. I get a neutral-grey "de" without it and a "flag-bearing" "de" with it; that's the only difference...

Comment

Well, not to be argumentative, but System Settings -> Personal -> Keyboard Layout doesn't exist (in my Kubuntu 10.04 running KDE 4.4.3). In System Settings, under the Personal 'section' of the screen, there are:

About Me, Accessibility, Default Applications, and Regional & Language

The only one above that provides any access to keyboard layout options is, as I indicated, in Regional & Language > Keyboard Layout. But I did miss the actual control for enabling the service: Enable keyboard layouts in the Layout tab. Just check Disable keyboard layouts instead.
              Windows no longer obstructs my view.
              Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
              "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I suppose there're more steps to click through when you use the System Settings icon view (I use a menu on the panel, where "Regional & Language" is a menu section header, not something you could open/enter). Anyway, it shouldn't be too hard to find.

Comment

I use only one keyboard layout. So I unchecked "Show indicator for single layout", too. But this was not worked.

I think it is bug. So I reported the bug. http://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=237083

Comment

Working...
                  X