X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu Netbook Edition - KPackagekit Crashes

Hello,

I've performed a clean install of the Lucid Netbook edition of Kubuntu, and every time I add a new repository to KPackageKit and reload it crashes. Symptom is usually hanging there after achieving between 95% and 99% of the reloading. So I've had to install from terminal.

Re: Kubuntu Netbook Edition - KPackagekit Crashes

Open a console and run:
    Code:
    sudo dpkg --configure -a
    then:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get update
    then:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
    Try KpackageKit again. But personally, I say install Synaptic from the console:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install synaptic
    and use it instead. Synaptic is a far superior package manager. Kpackagekit, well, sucks.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Snowhog,

Thanks for the reply and the suggestion. After performing the apt-get commands, KPackagekit still crashes when adding a new PPA repository. Let me just add that I was previously running Karmic in this same Netbook and it never crashed before. The only difference is that I am now running the Kubuntu Lucid Netbook edition. Maybe it's related to the Netbook edition...

Comment

Try as I suggested, installing Synaptic, either from Kpackagekit or from the CLI, and just stop using Kpackagekit as your main package manager. You'll be a lot happier.
        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
        X