This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(SOLVED) Burn live cd to DVD?

I would like to know if it is at all possible to burn the live cd (after downloading) to a dvd? Thing is I don't really keep any cd discs coz I only ever use DVD's

When answering, please keep it simple, I've only just stepped out as a Newbie

Re: Burn live cd to DVD?

you'll need to download the DVD.iso from here, and then burn it to disc.

Scroll down the page to the "bittorrents" sub header, and then select the DVD.iso that your system requires.

Mike

Comment

Yes, you can burn a live cd image to a DVD. I do it all the time. If asked, just tell the burning program that you are burning a DVD or the program will figure it out. I've never had any problems. It seems to me that that the only difference in a CD ISO and a DVD ISO is the size. There is no rule that you must burn to a CD if the ISO is 700MB or less.

Regards....Paul

Comment

@miKeyBabid - thanks so much. Didn't really want a new download link, because I've already got the live cd .iso on my laptop.

@Paul_Vandenberg - I will try using K3b.

A big thank you to both of you for the quick & easy-to-understand replies.

Cheers
        Tanya

Comment

i have noticed that sometimes when i burn a cd iso to a dvd w/ k3b it will refuse to write it to a dvd-+r/w, saying it needs a cd-r. this only happens if i right click on the iso and select the action burn iso to disk from a file manager. If this happens to you just open k3b and then in the menu select Tools->Burn Image, then from there just tell it what iso to burn. Just wanted to point this out incase you ran in to it.
          Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
          (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Hi sithlord48

will keep that in mind when I'm done downloading through the torrents. Should be installing later tonight.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
            X