Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Distribution upgrade process exited with code 1.(solved temporary prob)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Distribution upgrade process exited with code 1.(solved temporary prob)

Hi guys i got Kubuntu 9.10 on my laptop, when i try to update my laptop to 10.04 it says that it would be best to connect the battery to the laptop, but since i got some issues with my battery and my monitor i decide not and continue....but it stops saying
    Distribution upgrade process exited with code 1
    Any ideas

Cheers Kira.

Re: Distribution upgrade process exited with code 1.

Are you saying, that you have your laptop battery removed and running on AC only?
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

NO i mean that i got my AC removed and running only in battery cause if AC is connected the monitor will switch off (i dont know y) so i just connect AC when computer is off.

Either way i dont know if that error has anything to do with it but i still cant update to 10.04.

Thanks.

Comment

Knock knock any ideas , help!? :P

Comment

While it's a stab in the dark, it's possible, that the dev's built a check into the installation routine, to see if the PC is a laptop, and forcing an AC connection so as to ensure that during the update, the laptop battery doesn't die, fatally interrupting the process.

With your AC connected, have you then checked your Power Management settings to ensure they are set correctly for a laptop running on AC? Have you disabled screen saver mode?
          Windows no longer obstructs my view.
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

well i dont know if its an ac connection error as i said....although when i connect the ac charger to the laptop and try to update the same error code jumps in...so im doubting if it is cause battery is still not fully charge or maybe has nothing to do with ac connection.

The error code is this one
            Distribution upgrade process exited with code 1
            Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X