This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

has anyone experienced this?

i have noticed that sometimes as i am typing either a typed character is lost or it will begin inserting itself without end. this includes the return. not sure where the problem might be. i have seen this in all applications, konsole, firefox, etc.

any ideas?

Re: has anyone experienced this?

Check that you don't have 'sticky keys' enabled.

K > System Settings > Accessibility > Activation Gestures (Use gestures for activating sticky keys and slow keys)
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Do. on occasions, characters appear on their own, without typing them?

IF Snowhog's sticky keys solution doesn't solve your problem then I can think of two other possible causes:
      1) Wrong keyboard model
      KGear-->Settings-->System Settings --> Input Devices -->Keyboard --> Keyboard model
      (I am running KDE 4.5.1. Your location may be different for 4.4.2 or previous, but look around, you'll find it.)
      I am using Generic | Generic 101 Keyboard
      Since you are in Alabama, and assuming you use English on your keyboard, there may be several models more suited than the default value. Browse throught the list and try out some promising ones.

2) Judging from where you are working, and connected to the internet, your electrical outlet may be sharing a transformer with ungrounded 12Volt welding equipment that offsets your "zero volt" potential by twelve volts, making it float up and down with the AC cycles, which can trigger missing, randomly repeated, or spontaneous characters.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog
        Check that you don't have 'sticky keys' enabled.

K > System Settings > Accessibility > Activation Gestures (Use gestures for activating sticky keys and slow keys)
        yes, i did notice that the use gestures for activating sticky keys and slow keys was toggled on. i will see what happens without this and let you know. thanks for the help.

Comment

You're welcome. Hopefully that was the cause and the solution. Welcome to KFN.
          Windows no longer obstructs my view.
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
          X