This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

libsublime error in updating

Hi, trying to update my system I am having many problems, especially with KPackageKit.
    The last error I get is the following:

dpkg: errore nell'elaborare /var/cache/apt/archives/libsublime1_1.0.82-0ubuntu1~lucid1~ppa1_i386.deb (--unpack):
    tentata sovrascrittura di "/usr/lib/libsublime.so.2.0.0" presente anche nel pacchetto libsublime2 0:1.0.82-0ubuntu1~lucid1~ppa2

(translating means: elaboration error ... trying to overwrite ... package presents also in libsublime2)

How can I fix it?

thanks

f

Re: libsublime error in updating

Don't use KPackageKit for updates/upgrades to your installed system - it DOES NOT handle package dependencies. Instead, install either Synaptic or Muon package manager and use it for all your packaging needs. You CAN use KPackageKit to install either.

Or, use the CLI (Command Line - Console) and run:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
    KPackageKit SUCKS - it is NOT a good package manger for maintaining a running system.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

This doesn't really have anything to do with KPackageKit vs another package manager. This error would happen with Muon, too. What seems to have happened is that the person who packaged the new kdevelop beta messed up and didn't make the new libsublime2 package conflict the old libsublime1 package... I'll see if I can get him to fix it.

Comment

Ok, Rohan fixed the issue an uploaded new packages. Running "sudo dpkg -i --force-overwrite /var/cache/apt/archives/libsublime2_1.0.82-0ubuntu1~lucid1~ppa3_i386.deb" without the quotes in konsole should fix the issue you are currently facing, and thanks to your report nobody else will have to get the same error.

Comment

Originally posted by JontheEchidna
          What seems to have happened is that the person who packaged the new kdevelop beta messed up and didn't make the new libsublime2 package conflict the old libsublime1 package... I'll see if I can get him to fix it.
          Thank you. But I still have to 'dis' KPackageKit as the default package manager. It, IMO, should NEVER have replaced Adept Package Manager, even though the maintainer stopped support for it. KPackageKit just isn't up to par. :P
          Windows no longer obstructs my view.
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
          X