This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IDE EXT4 KDE 4.4.5 Read-only file system Error

I wanted to give ext4 a shot and formatted my partition to use it and then installed LL but later I dist-upgraded KDE to KDE 4.4.5. The problem here is that this is the 2nd or 3rd time I read the following error message while using Kubuntu...

touch: kann „/var/lib/update-notifier/dpkg-run-stamp“ nicht berühren: Read-only file system

which basically means...

touch: cannot touch „/var/lib/update-notifier/dpkg-run-stamp“: Read-only file system

I first thought I messed with KDE4 and that was why it complained but the first time this happened I was using a root shell in recovery mode to dpkg --configure -a something and then continue installing more applications.

This is the second or third time I needed to use the recovery mode option of the original kernel included in LL alternate installation CD, the newest one failed since it didn't even find /sbin folder or any other system folder...

IDK why this keeps happening every so often. Does anyone know anything about how to fix this?

NOTES:

This never happened on any of my ext3 partitions ever! Not even in HH, KK, JJ, another LL, sidux-kde...

This issue always comes after I start installing common apps like OOo or any other found in your distros after a fresh install or after I configured something in System Settings...
    Multibooting: Kubuntu Noble 24.04
    Before: Jammy 22.04, Focal 20.04, Precise 12.04 Xenial 16.04 and Bionic 18.04
    Win XP, 7 & 10 sadly
    Using Linux since June, 2008
Working...
X