This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDE3 not restoring session

After upgrading from karmic to lucid, I added the trinity PPA and upgraded kde3. The first problem I encountered was that after restarting, kwin no longer launches automatically. It appears this was previously listed as part of ~/.kde3/share/config/ksmserverrc. I added kwin to my autostart folder, so now my desktop is at least functional.

The next problem I discovered was that session restores are no longer working. If I change my session manager settings to "Restore manually saved session", then I have the option to save my current session, which did update ~.kde3/share/config/ksmserverrc, however after restarting, if I try to restore a saved session, nothing happens, and if I change my options back to "Restore previous session", the ksmserverrc file is always reset back to a blank session when I log in.

I have run across suggestions to reinstall kde-guidance-kde3, x11-session-utils, kdelibs-data-kde3 and kdelibs4c2a-kde3, but none of these have provided any results. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get kwin to automtically start itself with kde again, and how to fix this issue with the session restore? Thanks...

Re: KDE3 not restoring session

I got a set up updated yesterday that appear to have corrected these issues. After rebooting, my session reloaded. I haven't confirmed that it saves a new session file when I shut down, but at least its somewhat working now.

Comment

Working...
    X