X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Graphics Problem under KDE.

Hello everyone.

I hope this is the right place to ask about this. Under KDE I had noticed that youtube videos were hanging every few seconds for a second and then moving on. I wasn't bothering until recently, installed nvidia CUDA and noticed that a few OpenGL examples were having the same problem. I disabled the desktop effects but that didn't change the problem. Under Xfce there is no problem for both OpenGL and youtube videos.

If you have any idea I would be much gratefull.

Re: Graphics Problem under KDE.

hi!

try enabling other flash plugin, I believe there were 3 of them on your choice. See if that helps.
    If you are running your kubuntu in virtual machine, try to give it more RAM and CPU.
    Try to reinstall your video card drivers also.

I believe in these three things will hide an answer to your problem.

Good luck!

Comment

@abominable: In order to diagnose your problem, we will need the answers to a few questions.
      (1) Which browser were using when the problem occurred (Konqueror, Firefox, Opera, Chromium, something else)?
      (2) Does the same thing happen with another browser?
      (3) The result from xfce, makes it seem as if this is not a hardware problem, but which nVidia video card are you using? Which video driver software are you using?
      (4) If the xfce version that you are using is NOT the Xubuntu version corresponding to Kubuntu Lucid, what is it?

Comment

I found this solution on the web. It may work for you!
        How to Fix Annoying YouTube Jumpiness in Firefox

Ever notice an annoying, persistent lag every ten seconds or so when you’re watching a YouTube (or other) video in Firefox? Reader Bernard Sandberg has, and he’s written in with a smart about:config that solves the problem for him.

By opening about:config in your Firefox address bar, then typing browser.sessionstore.interval in the filter box, you’ll see a value of 10000, which is in milliseconds. (Meaning your session is saved every 10 seconds.) I changed this to 300000, or every 5 minutes, as I don’t have the urgent need for tab restoration. If you feel like being more on the safe side, try increasing it to something a bit lower, say 120000, or every 2 minutes.
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

It happens under every browser in KDE. In xfce (xubuntu-desktop, same system) the problem doesn't occur. And I believe that it is more a graphics problem because, I try to develop a game. And the graphics rendering lags at the same period.

Under a few tests I found out that when I first open the graphics environment my game's first execution doesn't lag with the 2nd and after execution, the lag is small, but when I open a browser the lag becomes quit annoying !!

I have an nvidia Quadro FX 1800 and the latest driver because of cuda programming. But I believe that it has to be a KDE issue since xfce doesn't present any problem. I even tried the (compiz good old times) xorg.conf instructions ::
          Code:
            Option     "RenderAccel" "True"
            Option     "AllowGLXWithComposite" "True"
            Option     "AddARGBGLXVisuals" "True"
            Option     "TripleBuffer" "True"
          But I think that it is irrelevant.

Comment

Working...
          X