This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kubuntu lucid linux has blue and black screen

I'm running ati mobile raedon 4200 series, amd dual core processor at 2 ghz, 3 gigs of ram, with a 221 gig hd, its a hp laptop. when i close the laptop (or lock it), when i go to open it to put in the password to get back to whatever I'm doing, the screen has blue and black line all over it and i have to reboot. there is no mouse or anything so i can't really print screen it, or do anything for that matter. any help would be great.

=/

sorry about that, its not only when i go from lock to normal, it happened in the middle of a game lol, it also tends not to be black and blue its blue, white, and a hint of red, one after another in lines up and down the screen. anyone come across this error before? or anyone know what it is? =/

Re: kubuntu lucid linux has blue and black screen

Prior to your later edit, I thought that your problem was probably related to your choices in:
    K>"System Settings">"Power Management">"Edit Profiles". I think that you should probably check these profiles in any event.

However, your later edit seems (I could be wrong) as if you are having a more general problem with your video driver. Are you using the proprietary (closed source) "fglrx" driver package with the "bells-and-whistles", or the standard (open source) "radeon" driver? Whichever one you are using, switch to the other one (temporarily) and see if that changes anything. If not, you may have a hardware problem. If your system is still under warranty, I hope you have better luck with HP service than I've ever had.

Comment

Re: kubuntu lucid linux has blue and black screen

Does pressing Ctrl+Alt+F4, then Ctrl+Alt+F7 (sometimes Ctrl+Alt+F8) help?
      The Universe is a figment of its own imagination.<br /><br />-Douglas Adams

Comment

Working...
      X