This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Customising Page One "newspaper" layout on Netbook 10.04

I have been trying to customise the Page One layout on Netbook 10.04 on a couple of machines. It defaults to 2 column newspaper format, but three things have transpired.

Firstly, although I added calculator and other widgets on the right-hand column, when I deleted the preconfigured "openDesktop" and "KnowledgeBase" widgets from that column (will never be required on these machines), the layout reset to a single wide column, despite having more than 4 widgets to display. How do I get the two column layout back?

Secondly, if you change the Activity configuration from "Newspaper" to "Folder" and then back again, you get all widgets with two title lines, until you reboot. Any reason why?

Thirdly, when configuring the weather widget, the location search is unpredictable. Entering "Somerset" the first time got me multiple locations in Somerset, UK. A day later (and currently), it offers only "East Somerset, South Africa". Entering "Wells", however, gets a response of "Wells, Somerset", which displays on Page One as "Wells, UK", but entering "Wells, Somerset" gets "No location found". Likewise, entering "Devon" now gets two locations in Australia, entering "Exeter" gets "Exeter, Devon" which displays as "Exeter, UK", but entering "Exeter, Devon" gets another "No location found" reply. Is this a KDE4 quirk, one from the BBC (the source of the weather data), or something between the two?

"You, sir are no gentleman!"
    "I knew there was something about me that I liked."
    Commander Vimes, Jingo, by Terry Pratchett

Linux User (# 368182) since 1996
    Unix initiated on SCO Xenix from 1992 <Pobody's nerfect>

Re: Customising Page One &quot;newspaper&quot; layout on Netbook 10.04

Which weather widget are you using? Here, Weather Forecast Version 1.0 only allows searching on a place name. You can not search on the name and location as that fails.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Re: Customising Page One &quot;newspaper&quot; layout on Netbook 10.04

Whichever weather widget comes with Netbook 10.04, unable to determine the version, cannot find relevant data.
      "You, sir are no gentleman!"
      "I knew there was something about me that I liked."
      Commander Vimes, Jingo, by Terry Pratchett

Linux User (# 368182) since 1996
      Unix initiated on SCO Xenix from 1992 <Pobody's nerfect>

Comment

Working...
      X