This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Solved]after log out

It goes funky then you get the kdm. Also it seems if i log out and come back a few mintues later i have to reboot because then login in screen doesn't come back I just rebuilt the machine with a pci- express nvidia card and new mb .any ideas.

Re: after log out

When you say "rebuilt", does that mean "re-used the same hard drive with the OS already installed", or does it mean "and re-installed the OS on the new hardware"?

Comment

I tried that same os new mb new video card. my os crashed. So i installed Kubuntu. Which is a fresh install . I had been running different distro because my old mb was so bad the Kubuntu cd wouldn't load . running nvdia pci exp and new 2.8 p4 mb with new 500 gig sata drive. the mem and dvd/cd/floppy are old

Comment

It sounds like a bug of some kind -- hard to say if it is in the "greeter", or some driver for your display. It could be a power-saving thing misbehaving on your Nvidia card/driver. Did you install the proprietary Nvidia driver? There is a capability to tweak the power-saving features if you did.

Comment

will try that dibl ill let you know

Comment

I wouldn't blame the software/hardware relationship. Perhaps a video driver. Do you get any meaningful messages in /var/log/Xorg.0.log? Also, watch its size over a period of day or two. If it grows too fast then there is definitely something wrong with your driver. Do you use an xorg.conf at all?
            Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

no i dint but the display is 400% better with driver changes

Looks liek this is solved thanks dibl

Comment

Working...
              X