Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Google Chrome no longer in repositories?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Google Chrome no longer in repositories?

I just started trying out Chromium the other day, and I am impressed with the speed difference between it and Firefox. I <3 my Firefox, but it's suddenly gotten painfully slow in the last release for me.

The only things I need to figure out with Chromium, in order to make it a true replacement for Firefox for me, are:
    • How to make it let me navigate back and forth within my history using the sideways clicking on the scroll wheel of my mouse.
    • An alternative options to DeepestSender in Firefox, because I post to multiple LiveJournal accounts.
    • How to kill the marquee tag like I do in Firefox. (Thanks dibl for reminding me about that with your sig. :P)

I was absolutely delighted to find that xmarks was available on Chromium, so I can keep my bookmarks synced not only between my two computers, but between the two browsers as well, so I can easily switch back and forth as needed while adjusting.

Comment

I almost like Chromium but I experienced a weird ate-up-all-my-memory-n-pc's-running-extremely-slow bug on Kubuntu and sidux-kde...

The Adblock extension for Chromium should be improved, there's no quick way to block an ad with the right-click button and images are displayed first and blocked later every single time to visit a website with blocked ads...
      Multibooting: Kubuntu Noble 24.04
      Before: Jammy 22.04, Focal 20.04, Precise 12.04 Xenial 16.04 and Bionic 18.04
      Win XP, 7 & 10 sadly
      Using Linux since June, 2008

Comment

I almost like Chromium
        That sums it up for me "almost".
        Still prefer Opera but Chrome sure starts faster. Minefield seems to be coming on nicely though and will keep a lot of Firefox lovers happy.

Comment

Working...
        X