Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grub2 boots to grub prompt after upgrading 2.6.32-22.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grub2 boots to grub prompt after upgrading 2.6.32-22.

I am having this issue with my grub2 boot loader goes to grub prompt. This happened after updating to the latest kernel 2.6.32-22. I understand Grub2 does this if there is an issue with the kernel.

I copied down the instructions of what to do in this case to get into linux (set root=(hdx,x; linux /boot/vmlinuz... initrd /boot/initrd.... boot) which starts a load but times out with an error messages.

I also tried to repair a broken system from the kubuntu live dvd and tried to manually install grub from booted linux on the dvd. I have re-installed Kubuntu several times. I originally had a problem where it was installing to SDB5, but corrected that by deleting the first partition and creating a new one and re-installed Linux. It still did it after the upgrade.

I have Linux installed on my 2nd HD, first partition (HD1,1) or SDB1. with Windows 7 on the First Hard Drive, First Partition. My computer uses a AMD64 Duel Core Processor. 2GB ram. Both HDs are SATA.

You all know this is inconvenient since locks anyone out from any operating system and therefore have no access to the internet unless they have another computer. Not everyone is a grub geek and know about the Ubuntu Grub 2 Wiki when they first try to use Linux.

Re: Grub2 boots to grub prompt after upgrading 2.6.32-22.

Same here
    But not sure what is the solution you suggest

Comment

Working...
    X