X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Annoying blue arrow in black box when switching desktop

Hello,
    I'm not sure if this is the right section in the forum. But since this started after installing 10.04...
    I have six virtual desktops. I have to switch a lot between applications and windows, so I switch all the time between desktops.
    Since a few sessions every time I switch between desktops a black box appears with in it six smaller boxes. I guess they symbolize the six desktops.
    Above it there's a title saying 'Desktop 1', or 'Desktop 2', etc.
    In the little boxes appear and disappear big blue arrows. When I switch from for example 5 to 2, the arrows also follows the road from 5 to 2. Why anybody in the world ever wanted to see this is beyond me. This takes 1-2 seconds every time. 1 second if I go from 1 to 2. Two seconds if I go from 5 to 2, because the road the arrows follow is longer.
    Sorry for the long description, but I can't take a screenshot.
    It's really driving me crazy, because every time I switch this stupid black box is standing in the middle of the screen, without any use. If this was Windows, I really would think it's a virus. (One of the first viruses was a ping pong ball moving over the screen, many years ago.This has about the same effect.)

I've installed the widget pager. There are shortcuts for desktop 1 to 6: F1 till F6.
    There are also shortcuts for going from 1 to 2, 2 to 3, etc.: Ctrl + alt + left arrow, and Ctrl + alt + right arrow.
    If I remove pager and/or shortcuts it still happens.
    I've tried every setting, one by one, but nothing helps. Maybe I overlook something.

I really hope somebody can help me, because this makes it completely impossible to work with Kubuntu.

Re: Blue arrow in black box when switching desktop is driving me completely insane

You can disable the desktop switch on-screen display in: SystemSettings>Desktop>VirtualDesktops>Switching-tab

Comment

Re: Blue arrow in black box when switching desktop is driving me completely insane

Thanks a thousand times! I've been looking in every setting, also the one you mention.
      Since you named that one specific I tried every setting there, and it worked. There's a mistake in the Dutch translation that gives a completely different meaning to the setting I needed.
      I'll notice the Dutch translators.

Edit: it was not the translation. I started installing all over, because lots of things really didn't work. All kind of strange issues, like wrong text like the one above.
      I don't know what went wrong, same cd, but now I'm starting to understand why people are enthusiast about this version and kde4.

Comment

Working...
      X