This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only get root shell CLI, if I'm lucky?

I did three upgrades starting with Hardy Heron, which was installed, and ending up with the latest thing with the letters on the end. Should say I have little experience with *ubuntu.

The version immediately before, ?10.4, worked alright. But I got over enthusiastic and went for the one with letters on the end.

Is there any way, from the command line - no graphics, to de-upgrade back to the previous version: the one before the most modern one.

The current thing seems pretty iremediable: the most obvious problem is the UUID's are incorrect. There seems to be some major problem with udev. I usually take the line of least resistance; so is there some way to reinstall the previous version without destroying my home directory (it's all on the same partition)? I've been using Debian since Adam was a lad but know bugger all about Kubuntu.

Great thanks any help.
    Nothing improves the morale of a submarine more than good food.

Re: Only get root shell CLI, if I'm lucky?

It is not possible to downgrade, you should make a fresh install. If you were prepared to make a fresh install of an older version, I would recommend to make a fresh install of the current version Kubuntu 10.04 Lucid. This may solve same of your issues, as a fresh install has usually less problems than upgrade.
    Kubuntu 16.04 on two computers and Kubuntu 17.04 on DELL Latitude 13

Comment

Working...
    X