This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small icons on the panel

Kubuntu is really attracting me more and more. I am used to small icons on the panel. They don't have to be fancy. Icons similar to those icons on the task bar (Volume, connected, message indicator, last plugged in device, etc...) are excellent. The default size of the panel is good enough for me. I don't want to shrink the size of the panel to get small icons. Please give me a link to those kind of icons.

Re: Small icons on the panel

as far as I know, the icons are set to be sized dynamically by the panel height, so I think any icon set will do the same.

One thing you can try, however, is to try different plasma themes, some of which increase/compact the spacing and padding of the icon to the panel itself, though the effect may not shrink things a whole lot

Comment

Re: Small icons on the panel

Never mind the icons. Kubuntu and KDE with all those windows and icon themes look very beautiful to me. I specially love the elegant looking wallpapers changing my monitor's background every 2 minutes. I have also checked and compared the memory used between GNOME and KDE. To me, with 4GB of RAM, the difference between them is negligible with KDE being loaded with tons of options and adjustments. Of course, the more the desktop looks gorgeous, the more the memory usage will be. But KDE does not take more memory than GNOME.

I come from windows 7. I have so far tested many distros including UBUNTU, LUbuntu, XUbuntu, Linux Mint, Ultimate Edition, PCLinuxOS, OpenSuse, Slax, Slackware 13.1 and the latest Fedora 13. I tested most of them in both 64 and 32 bit versions and I have decided to make Kubuntu my Linux OS.

Comment

Working...
      X