This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dancing Icons in Dolphin??

OK, I've noticed this on LL and so I updated to the latest SC via the PPA. It still does as described in the Subject. If I click on a Dolphin file entry and then start hovering over another, the icons around that area will start to "trade" places. Hover back and forth over several surrounding icons and it literally is the oddest thing I've seen. I have even seen this while trying to open a file. I can't remember which application it was (I think it was GIMP), but when I clicked on the file I wanted to open the "dance" was almost wild!! Anybody else been seeing this behavior? I've had it happen on both my machines listed below and also one at work. Anyone??

Re: Dancing Icons in Dolphin??

Are you sure that was Dr. Pepper you were drinking earlier?
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

- Yep! Have can of it here now! But seriously, that is what is going on. I can't figure it out for the life of me.

Comment

Sounds like a "feature"

Please Read Me

Comment

Annoying one but I did stop it on the system at work by updating it to the latest SC. Yea! Now to figure out the one @ home. Maybe I should do a desktop video for "proof"!

Comment

OK. It still does that on all machines I have and only with graphic files but not all of them. It's like a certain pattern has to be meet before it does this "dance". I can't say if it is one particular graphic format over another but PNG seems to be key. I tried using RecordMyDesktop and Istanbul but none of those would cooperate with me. This isn't a major issue, but it is one I'd like to document and maybe someone can help me figure this out.

Comment

were they doing the samba, foxtrot, tango ,or the waltz?

Comment

More like musical chairs!! But alas no solution in site. Oh well, if this is the only thing "wrong" with my installs of 10.04 then I can live with that.

Comment

No such behavior here, in Dolphin, Gimp, or any other app. My icons are well behaved.
                  Windows no longer obstructs my view.
                  Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
                  "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I'm really curious about this, even if you can't record your desktop could you maybe record your monitor with a mobile phone or something else and post it somewhere?
                    Even if people here can't help, something like this must be a major bug somewhere in KDE and should be reported, preferably with evidence.

Comment

Working...
                    X