This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple KDESUDO logins required at boot time

After fresh WUBI install, everything is working OK except when I boot into the desktop, I get 3 instances of KDESUDO which requires a password. I also get the KDE Wallet pasword prompt. This means I need to provide my password 5 times (One for regular login) to get to a normal desktop session waiting for me to do whatever I want. Does anyone know how to stop the KDESUDO password prompts from popping up? I am not overly concerned with the KDE Wallet one but definitely want to loose the KDESUDO ones.

Re: Multiple KDESUDO logins required at boot time

OK, More info
    The passwords are required for access of my hard drives. I canceled them and went into the file manager and confirmed the drives had not been mounted.
    So to make the question easier,...............How can I auto-mount all hard drives on login without using a password for each mount?

Comment

Mount the disks at boot using fstab.

Comment

Thanks, great suggestion, Now I am going to ask a "Newb" question. How might I do that OR where can I find a beginer friendly explaination of how to do it. I am wiling to do some research.

Comment

Just found this in "Help the New Guy" forum.
          http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3111025.0
          I believe this may be what is happening in my case. I am also going to try this.

Comment

See man fstab.

fstab runs at boot to mount your drives.

To edit the fstab file enter

Code:
            gksu gedit /etc/fstab
            in a terminal.

Here are the entries in my fstab file that mount my windows partition and my Karmic partition at boot.

/dev/sdb1 /mnt/Karmic32 auto users,atime,auto,rw,nodev,noexec,nosuid 0 0
            /dev/sda2 /mnt/Windows ntfs-3g uid=1000,gid=1000,locale=en_US.UTF-8 0 0

Before creating these entries, you have to create the mount point.

This was done by issueing the following commands in a terminal.

Code:
            sudo mkdir /mnt/Karmic32
            and

Code:
            sudo mkdir /mnt/Windows
            To see if everything worked after doing the editing and saving the file issue the command

Code:
            sudo mount -a
            in the terminal.

Comment

Thx Detonate.
              I'll try this soon (I'm on another 12hr night shift).
              If this works, I believe this version will go down in history as the bes, most responsive and fanciest distro Linux has seen in regular use.

Comment

I found the easy way totally newbie friendly at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=283131 ,
                I used pysdm GUI for fstab , It is easy.. just use default option.. I think better do not disturb your primary boot hd..

Comment

Working...
                X