This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Numerous problems after upgrade

Yesterday while working with Kubuntu 9.10 I got a message asking if I wanted to upgrade to 10.4. Without thinking, I selected "yes". Big mistake! After about 2 hours the "upgrade" was complete. My Internet connection was wiped out and my TouchPad was turned on. I had previously turned it off. It took a few hours to get these problems solved. Now, upon startup it doesn't always complete the startup. Then I have to reboot and hit F12. Then I can select boot from HHD and it will boot up. Every time I boot up I get lots of text before it goes into graphical mode. Then, once running, it tends to freeze up and I have to power down and reboot.

I'm inclined to reinstall Kubuntu 9.10 but that will be a pain too since everything will have to be set up again.

What to do? Is there a fix for 10.4 that will make it run smoothly or would I be better off going back to 9.10?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Re: Numerous problems after upgrade

The easiest and quickest thing to do is use the LL LiveCD to do a fresh install of LL.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Is this going to wipe out all my settings? If so, is there a way to save them before reinstalling LL?

Comment

Save your home account to an external HD or USB stick, including hidden files. After you recreate your account on the fresh install, and install all the software you had, copy the old hidden files back, overwriting the new.
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
        X