Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

recipe for installing kde3 desktop from 9.10 in 10.04?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

recipe for installing kde3 desktop from 9.10 in 10.04?

greetings.

first, i'm delighted that everyone who likes and uses kde4 does so. i don't want to start the usual flame war, a discussion of philosophy, or an argument over whose is bigger.

second, i'm a kde3 user and i just upgraded my desktop machine from 8.04 lts to 10.04 lts, figuring that the kde3 binaries tim pearson has produced would be installed. which they weren't. i know, i should have checked. the 10.04 kde3 remix isn't ready yet.

it occurs to me that there may be no binary incompatability, though, between the kde3 from the 9.10 kde3 remix and 10.04, in which case it should be possible to grab and install them. but there seems to be some subtlety involved as to the order of installation and so on.

is there a recipe for doing this? has anyone done it? or of finding and installing beta code for the pearson 10.04 version?

or, for that matter, an apt-get wildcard for installing -kde3 apps?

thanks in advance.

Re: recipe for installing kde3 desktop from 9.10 in 10.04?

Searching before posting...

Can you install KDE3 with Lucid
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

yes, i had read that. thanks for suggesting it. only problem is, it doesn't answer the question!

Comment

...or of finding and installing beta code for the pearson 10.04 version?
        > Personal Package Archives for Ubuntu
        searching "Trinity" (> FAQ: Repositories & > Using the PPA repositories)
        > Trinity Nightly Builds

"kubuntu-desktop-kde3
        Kubuntu desktop system, KDE3 version "

> Welcome to Pearson Computing's Trinity Repository for Ubuntu Intrepid and Above!:
        There is a mailing list available here. I strongly suggest you subscribe to the low traffic announce list so that you can receive notifications of scheduled upgrades, etc...

(Earlier > Topic: [SOLVED] kdevelop, where is it)
        Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
        1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
        2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Working...
        X