This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interested in forcing AHCI mode in bios

I haven't found information on any web site about how to force the booting in AHCI mode on my HP Pavilion dv6835nr. AHCI mode is supported on my notebook. Anyone know how to do this? I will be testing the installation and usage of an OS.

*-core
    description: Motherboard
    product: 30CC
    vendor: Quanta
    physical id: 0
    version: 79.2E
    serial: None
    *-firmware
    description: BIOS
    vendor: Hewlett-Packard
    physical id: 0
    version: F.59 (11/25/2008)
    size: 100KiB
    capacity: 960KiB
    capabilities: isa pci pnp upgrade shadowing escd cdboot bootselect int5printscreen int9keyboard int14serial int17printer acpi usb agp smartbattery biosbootspecification

This is what HP told me:

"****, I would like to share that Upgrading a BIOS version will not enhance this feature on this feature on the notebook. If the Operating System running on the notebook has SATA Native support drivers, your notebook will automatically run in AHCI mode(SATA Native Mode).

Hence, it is not required for you to upgrade the BIOS as your notebook will run in this mode if your are using the OEM version of Windows Vista Operating System which is bundled with your notebook. If you are planning to install a retail version OS, then you may need to install the SATA Native support drivers separately as retail version OS will not have these drivers built-in. However, HP does not recommend you to change the basic configuration on your notebook PC."

Will Grub 1.97 or Kubuntu LL be affected by this other OS installation?
Working...
X