Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kubuntu always asking me for password to use automounted devices...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu always asking me for password to use automounted devices...

Hey guys I have another question for ya-

Even though I use the auto mount thing for drives and such that comes with Kubuntu, it still asks me to enter a password for my two other partitions of my hard drive whenever i log in.

So how can i change this so that i do not have to enter a password every time i log in?

Re: Kubuntu always asking me for password to use automounted devices...

Have you looked at the settings in System Settings > Advanced > Removeable Devices ? Specifically, checking Enable automatic mounting of removable media and then choosing the appropriate other setting(s)?
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog
      Have you looked at the settings in System Settings > Advanced > Removeable Devices ? Specifically, checking Enable automatic mounting of removable media and then choosing the appropriate other setting(s)?
      I took a screenshot of my settings in this program.

The two drives I need are the ones that have check boxes next to them; are these the right settings/ the ones that you use for this program??
      Attached Files

Comment

With those settings, have you rebooted yet and tested the results?
        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Yes, i did not change these since the last time i logged in. could it be that that program does not have sudo privileges- it never asked me for my password before i went in and changed settings...

Comment

I have that problem too, two windows asking for passwords every time I boot. But it can't be because of partitions, I commented out in /etc/fstab all lines except the necessary ones (root partition, home partition, swap) and they both still appeared.

Comment

I have the same problem. My settings enable auto-mount as suggested in the Snowhog post.

Password prompt still pops up for each of my partitions after logging in to OS.

If I do not enter password, I can not access the partition. Instead I will get the password prompt again.

Have not touched fstab in ages. And all drives and partitions are found by the system.

Comment

Working...
              X