This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Missing Screen Savers in System Settings --> Desktop

I have everything installed related to the XScreenSavers. I even found where they are installed --> /usr/lib/xscreensaver/. The one I always use is there with the rest. None of these show up in the list of available ScreenSavers in System Settings --> Desktop --> Screen Saver. Anyone know how to correct the available list to include these?

Re: Missing Screen Savers in System Settings --> Desktop

Where you are looking (System Settings --> Desktop --> Screen Saver) you should find the KDE kscreensavers.
    Maybe you installed the XScreenSavers, they can be found in Settings --> Screensaver.

Comment

Yes to the first one and on the second I didn't install the complete XScreenSaver, just the support files with the actual ScreenSavers The past Kubuntus worked that way. I never had to install xsceensaver just kscreensaver-xsavers which is suppose to support the xscreensaver extras natively. Has worked that way up until now.

Comment

No one else? Am I the only one who used those?

Comment

For those who want to know how to fix this issue:

You must install xscreensavers now. Once that is installed you use the Screensaver tool located in Applications --> Settings. It will relay that the daemon is not active. Say yes to activate. Close out and go to the normal location for KDE Screen Saver setup and there you go. Odd that I never had to go through that before. KScreensaver-xsavers is suppose to take care of all of that, but oh well.

Edit: Thanks Teunis! I wouldn't have given that a try but since you mentioned it I thought I would.

Comment

Working...
          X