This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDE Error during kubuntu 10.04 bootup after update from 9

Hello. There is a small problem with the inclusion of a new series of 10 on the kubuntu machine amilo pa 3553

Well, so far I have used the well-known series of nine kubuntu. All of it was good. So I wanted to update to 10.04

It was hard to update it cause the update application couldnt even start so i had to run it from the console. Update started working, but it lasted forever and the bar does not match format with the percentage ratio of the number of files remaining to download and is most of the time. But that's nothing. The installation ran from roughly half to a whole day.

And now the problem is. It is obvious that the system must be restarted. Well so I restart it and here natural burgundy background color, low resolution and caption kubuntu 10.04 and four dots. Then after a while, adds immediately after the 4 dots (loading bar?) String [23.277228] shpchp 0000:00:01.0: Can not reserve MMIO region

The disk drive for / media / disk is not ready yet or not Present

Continue to wait; Press S to skip mounting or M for manual recovery

So i press S it rns the login screen i login and i see just a background with any panels widgets nothing there is something new - in the upper left corner for a change, this time there is a window with the message - kstartupconfig4 does not exist or fails. The error code is the third Check your installation. And I think jumps back to the login screen. In safe mode, log message pops up: Error connecting to dbus: Failed to connect to socket/tmp/dbus-owU8HXNBLN: Connection refused "then click ok after you receive the message" Error parsing command line options: Unknown option-geometry ", then ok and message "Unable to install D-BUS message filter: <unknown>" and then perhaps there is console

third option, do not know the commands

I care mainly on data from the directory to which the user can not access the CD. If you can only get rid of Linux, I would like to recover data , ive got my admin pass but when i run the cd kubuntu then i cant access the user folder says the access is denied or something like that

What to do? Please be detailed in answers im not so good at commands and llinux in general, im just comfortable with KDE gui

EDIT- EVERYTHING WORKS, JUST I CANT CONNECT TO INTERNET AND THERE IS NO KDE OR THE EXPLORER EQUIVALENT FROM WINDOWS. I CAN RUN ALMOST EVERYTHING THROUGH alt f2. How to connect to net if i dont have kde working ?
Working...
X