X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10.04 hangs frequently during suspend/hibernate

Hey There:

Since upgrading from the previous release, I've been finding that 10.04 will HANG when I go into suspend or hibernate on my laptop. This happens when suspend/hibernate is ACTIVATED, not when it is resumed. The log files show nothing at all so I can't determine what is causing it other than the new kernel. Since I upgraded, I can go back to the previous pre-update kernel and the problem goes away.

Simple test: closing/opening the lid of my laptop to bring it into/out of suspend mode. I can cause the lock-up in about three tries. Revert to 9.04's kernel and it never locks up. My laptop is an HP HDX 16 with nvidia/centrino chipset. Worked like a dream pre 10.04.

I'm VERY unhappy with this update. It started with a broken splash screen, the installer clobbering a perfectly good xorg.conf file and replacing it with one that does not work (WHY do you do this??), various things like nepomuk and xorg chewing up 100% of the cpu for no good reason, broken rendering on certain TTF fonts like Lucida Console (try viewing anything with bold type and you'll see what I mean)...but the suspend/hibernate thing is a showstopper of epic proportions.
Working...
X