This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a slight annoyance

Okay. Using my custom desktop wallpaper. I modified the Grub configuration files to reflect my custom Grub boot theme. I installed my custom KDM Login and custom KSplash Themes. These all work.

But, I am experiencing what others have commented on, that being that I don't always see the initial 'new' blue Kubuntu splash screen. I say *don't always* because sometimes when I reboot, I do. But not always. It isn't a big deal, except I'm a perfectionist and it annoys me.

I know there is a fix, so, how do I fix it?
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Re: Just a slight annoyance

Well, Steven Hawking says that imperfection is what enables the universe to come into being. If it's true that "I'm a perfectionist and it annoys me", consider not showering for a few days. No more perfection. Problem solved. Hawking would approve. You would now be congruent with the universe's essential nature. Of course, your Lucid would still misbehave. It's not a bug, it's a ...

Comment

Comment

Snowhog:

I have the same problem, it is a known bug, and there is a proposed fix:

Bug:551290 "Plymouth theme ugly on binary nvidia driver." Fix is in lucid-proposed for testing and will go into lucid-updates soon.
        http://launchpad.net/bugs/551290

(I am assuming that you have an Nvidia card...)

I find it quite annoying as well. Hopefully not much longer

Cheers
        Man by his very nature is dependent on other men.

Comment

No. I have an Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/GMS, 943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03). When I booted this morning, I saw the boot splash.

I read the bug reports, and the 'tweak' that allows the boot splash to be displayed, at the expense of a slower boot. I'm not worried about it. When it shows, fine. When it doesn't, I won't loose sleep over it.

I'm sure that eventually, the dev's will find a 'final solution' to it.

Comment

On the bright side..... with the LL release you don't have to look at it for very long anyhow

Mine is on the screen (the ugly Nvidia version) for about 2 seconds before KDM kicks in
            Man by his very nature is dependent on other men.

Comment

When mine shows, it's the nice blue branding screen. Simple design, but pleasing to the eye.

Comment

Hm.I've gotten Ubuntu, Kubuntu and the server version of 10.04 (Lucid Lynx) working first time, though there are problems with fonts on some packages and grub2 is behaving like a spoilt child (behaving one minute and having a tantrum the next) and being a grump. I presume that if there are some problems the developers and the Motu (Masters Of The Universe) will get these problems fixed and send us all updates to download soon. Thanx Chaps for all of your work
                Terabyte<br /><br />Non sibi sed omnibus (Not for oneself, but for all)

Comment

Working...
                X