X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wifi not working after hybarnate

Have been using ubuntu since 9.04

Switched to kubuntu netbok remix and have a big problem. Did a fresh install and everything worked fine (on my Vaio UX50 UMPC) small work around sound but other than that a perfect system. This morning it hibernated and when it came out the wifi just stopped working. Soft reset does not help. Maybe the powersaving feature messed with it i have no idea. I use Intel PRO Wireless 3945ABG-BG

Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Wifi not working after hybarnate

Let's just ensure, for now, that the wireless still works. So, do a full reboot and verify that your wireless still works correctly after you've logged on.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog
      Let's just ensure, for now, that the wireless still works. So, do a full reboot and verify that your wireless still works correctly after you've logged on.
      Thats a negative. The wifi/bluetooth switch does not power on wifi either. I does do bluetooth still.

Wifi worked natively under linux since 9.04 so i have no idea what the problem is.

Comment

This line of code seemed to fix it.

sudo ifconfig wlan0 up

Now how do i make this permenant on startup? I could make a shell script but thats the messy way arround.

Comment

scrach that the light comes up but nothing else works. If i highlight the wireless manager it shows up as "unmanaged" and when i click it it runs konquror.

Comment

service network-manager stop
            rm /var/lib/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.state
            service network-manager start

Here is the fix that worked for me.

Comment

Working...
            X