X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iPhone not being mounted

Hello all,

Just finished upgrading (had a LOT of problems. A Kubuntu upgrade has NEVER worked for me, but that's another topic), and I tried plugging in my iphone. Unfortunately nothing happened.

If I check dmesg, I can see that something is plugged in, but the computer doesn't seem to recognize it. I see "configuration #1 chosen from 4 choices", but nothing after that. I've tried using my USB hub, and plugging it into the computer directly, to no effect.

Is there something else that I need to install? Some kernel module?

Re: iPhone not being mounted

Am I the only person who has this problem?

Comment

libimobiledevice

a software library that talks the protocols to support iPhone®, iPod Touch® and iPad® devices on Linux. Unlike other projects, it does not depend on using any existing proprietary libraries and does not require jailbreaking. It allows other software to easily access the device's filesystem, retrieve information about the device and it's internals, backup/restore the device, manage SpringBoard® icons, manage installed applications, retrieve addressbook/calendars/notes and bookmarks and synchronize music and video to the device. The library is in development since August 2007 with the goal to bring support for these devices to the Linux Desktop.
      Supposedly, Ubuntu 10.04 comes with this natively.
      Windows no longer obstructs my view.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog
        libimobiledevice

Supposedly, Ubuntu 10.04 comes with this natively.
        Yes, I know. This is one of the few reasons that I upgraded so quickly... I'm dying to use my Kubuntu box to load songs onto my iphone without having to use my XP box.....

I can confirm that the libimobiledevice library is present in the system. What I need to do to "activate" it, I'm not sure. Are there any kernel modules that need to be loaded?? Any other ideas?

Comment

did you carry it over from your previous version of kubuntu? If so you, reinstalling it might do the trick.

Also, if you type
          Code:
          ideviceinfo
          in a terminal, do you get information about your phone?
          Home: Kubuntu 12.04-amd64; Intel i7-860 on Intel DH55PJ; Nvidia 9500GT; 6GB RAM
          Network Slave: Xubuntu 11.10-x86; Intel P4-Prescott on MSI; 2GB RAM; Nvidia FX5200
          Portable: Xubuntu 11.10-amd64; Asus EeePC 1015PEM

Comment

Code:
            lsusb:
            Bus 003 Device 002: ID 05ac:1292 Apple, Inc. iPhone 3G
            And the ideviceinfo command gives a lot of information about my phone, so yes the system sees the phone, it just doesn't do anything about it.

And reinstalling is NOT an option. I'd prefer just to be done with Kubuntu and install XP...

Well, I've found a workaround with this post:

http://blog.zoomeren.nl/2009/03/24/m...use-libiphone/

But I think it's sad that I have to resort to obsolete hacking made for a 9.04 system in order to get something to work that was touted as a major new feature........

Comment

If it works it works. We avert our eyes from things that are "sad."

I'm not talking about doing a re-installation of Kubuntu, just libimobiledevice. Does the workaround work for you?

and it looks like you can use KDE software with http://github.com/JonathanBeck/kio_afc instead of iFuse.
              Home: Kubuntu 12.04-amd64; Intel i7-860 on Intel DH55PJ; Nvidia 9500GT; 6GB RAM
              Network Slave: Xubuntu 11.10-x86; Intel P4-Prescott on MSI; 2GB RAM; Nvidia FX5200
              Portable: Xubuntu 11.10-amd64; Asus EeePC 1015PEM

Comment

Originally posted by rfakhrai
                If it works it works. We avert our eyes from things that are "sad."

I'm not talking about doing a re-installation of Kubuntu, just libimobiledevice. Does the workaround work for you?

and it looks like you can use KDE software with http://github.com/JonathanBeck/kio_afc instead of iFuse.
                No, reinstalling libimobiledevice didn't help.....

Thanks for the link, but the ifuse hack seems to be an adequate workaround for right now... Maybe there'll be a fix in the future.....

Comment

http://www.h-online.com/security/new...n-1008185.html

iphone not working on Apple, but, working on Ubuntu Lynx
                  HP Compaq nc6400, 2Gi, 100Gi, ATI x1300 with 512M

Comment

Been having a similar problem. Got my laptop back from being fixed, and decisded that Ubuntu or Kubuntu should be tried again. And by looking on the 2 in screens and such I decided to go with kubuntu. Though I did Install Ubuntu afterwards to see if I could get the Iphone to worjk there... Kubuntu it seemed didn't handle it, So i Figured that it might have been just a glimpsy code, og my laptop being wierd. But wanna try getting it on Kubuntu.

And it is not "sad". But it is however strange that It will work so easily for me on Ubuntu, and not on Kubuntu.

Comment

Working...
                    X