This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with SDHC card: device descriptor read/64, error -71

When I try to read an 8gb SDHC card from my digital camera, odd things happen.

First, Kubuntu detected the card. I could use krusader to open it and go down into /media/EOS-DIGITAL/DCIM/100_CANON and list the files. But when I started to copy them to my hard disk, it suddenly said the DCIM directory did not exist.

I rebooted and things got worse. Now it does not seem to detect the card at all. Dmesg tells me, among other things,

[ 442.194346] NVRM: os_raise_smp_barrier(), invalid context!
    [ 442.210803] NVRM: os_raise_smp_barrier(), invalid context!
    [ 443.711275] usb 1-2: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 8
    [ 443.840034] usb 1-2: device descriptor read/64, error -71
    [ 444.081275] usb 1-2: device descriptor read/64, error -71

I have no idea what that means. I have found some related things on the Internet, but too complicated for my little brain.

What to do?
    'I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.' Mark Twain

Re: Problems with SDHC card: device descriptor read/64, error -71

I thought the card reader might not support SDHC, but it works on my wife's Windows 7.
    'I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.' Mark Twain

Comment

Going directly to the camera seems to be problematic for lots of cameras. Observing that issue, I have always used one of these: http://www.sandisk.com/products/read...-usb-20-reader

Comment

Originally posted by dibl
        Going directly to the camera seems to be problematic for lots of cameras. Observing that issue, I have always used one of these: http://www.sandisk.com/products/read...-usb-20-reader
        I agree about cameras, dibl, which is why I am using such a device. However, not being certain that it is SCHD-compatible, I have ordered the model you recommended.

Thanks. Will update this post when I receive the reader.

Comment

Working...
        X