X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awkward power manager response when adapter plugged-in

Hello everyone, this is my first post

I have 10.04 installed in a HP/Compaq Mini CQ10-500ev. While all other issues have been easily solved and everything runs smoothly there is one persistent problem I haven't found a way to fix. Whenever I plug in the power adapter while Kubuntu is running, the battery indicator in the panel informs me in a self-conflicting manner that while the battery is charging (and indeed it is being charged and monitored), the adapter is not plugged in. The real annoyance here is that no automatic switch from Powersave Mode to Performance Mode happens, so I have to do it manually. Sometimes when the battery capacity is too low it won't even let me activate Performance mode before the charge reaches some percentage. Is there a workaround for this?

Thanks

Re: Awkward power manager response when adapter plugged-in

Hi. Not really offering a solution, but.... I had issues with 10.04 power management. They have all been resolved with 10.10. Plugin/out, suspend to RAM (I don't use suspend to disc), switching modes, etc...
    Registered Linux user #346571

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion, but the issue is not serious enough for me to consider giving up the LTS release. I appreciate the help though.

Comment

Also note that when I plug-in the charger and reboot, Kubuntu comes up in Performance mode. It's during a single session that I can't have it to automatically switch modes.

Comment

Working...
        X