This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with Logitech Z-5 USB speakers

Ok, first off, I know some of you are gonna want to say that there are forums in Ubuntu regarding this issue but I have already tried those, and did not find any similar posts in the Kubuntu forums.

That being said, I haven't used Linux in some time, but just decided to give it another go.

I installed Lynx and almost everything seems to work out of the box (awesome work cause this was the easiest install I've seen in a while). I noticed I wasn't getting any sound so I went into the sound preferences and it had the Z-5 speakers listed. I did a test on them and they played sound at almost 100%. I moved the device to the top of the list in all of the categories and still no sound. I tried some ideas from the Ubuntu forums like installing Pulseaudio device selector and I looked at the playback monitor and it saw there was sound but it would not come out of the speakers.

Anyone able to give some (beginner) step-by-steps on how to get these working? Just a reminder, yes, I am a noob at this point because I haven't familiarized myself with Linux just yet.

Thank you!

Re: Problems with Logitech Z-5 USB speakers

UPDATE:

I just reinstalled Kubuntu and plugged in the speakers after installation, then went into system settings and then sounds and moved the Z-5 speakers to the top and restarted. I have sound on startup sounds, but in nothing else and I can't control the volume.

Comment

I've got the same speakers. On my ubuntu 10.4 laptop they work out of the box, but on my kubuntu 10.4 desktop, no sound.
      Thats what I did to solve the problem: I installed all the gstreamer plugins (good-ugly-bad..etc). After a restart there was sound,
      but still no sound with flashplayers like youtube. So I find it a bit strange.. why does it wotk perfect with Ubuntu but not with Kubuntu?
      Main system: Dell Studio XPS 8100 with Kubuntu 10.04<br />Main system: Dell Inspiron 1720 with Ubuntu 10.04<br />Second system: Acer Aspire 1500 with Ubuntu 10.04<br />Third system: Dell Dimension Desktop with Kubuntu 10.04 and Windows Vista<br />Fourth system: Dell Inspiron with Ubuntu 10.04 and Windows Vista

Comment

I have Logitech S150 USB speakers and had problem with VLC sound. Try this
        http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3112023.0 it is easy.
        Kubuntu 16.04 on two computers and Kubuntu 17.04 on DELL Latitude 13

Comment

Working...
        X