This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sound doesn't work in some apps

Now, the sound seems to be fine, but I can't listen to music (I did test the sound card).
    I can listen to it in Dolphin but not with Amarok

ElWray

EDIT: I split this topic out,
    GreyGeek
    Core 2 Quad Q6600<br />4 GB RAM<br />GeForce 9800 GTX<br />Hitachi Deskstar 1TB<br />Seagate 250 GB<br /><br />Triple-booting Gentoo, Crunchbang &amp; Windows 7

Re: Sound doesn't work in some apps

@ElWray: Because this problem has been separated from a different thread, we have no background here.

What kind of sound system do you have, in what kind of computer? What kind of sound are you trying to listen to? I am going to assume, (since you are using Amarok), that you are trying listen to pure audio files, not the audio portion of video files. Which types of music files are you trying to hear? The choices include mp3, ogg, ram, and several others. Have you installed the required codecs from the medibuntu repositories?

How do you listen to the files in Dolphin? If you simply click on an audio file, and the appropriate audio program is launched, which audio program is it? Are you sure that you have configured Amarok appropriately?

Comment

Re: Sound doesn't work in some apps

My fault. I forgot to include the info he posted in a previous msg:
      Hardware:
      Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 (x64)
      4GB RAM DDR2
      1 Maxtor 500GB HDD (can't remember the model) (got 1 ntfs partition left in there)
      nvidia geforce 9800 gtx video card
      1 Asus DVD-RW optical drive.
      Both the hdd and the optical drive are internal.

Software:
      Just Kubuntu 10.04 (the x64 version for now, with nothing else installed), downloaded from kubuntu.org
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
      X