This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Printing PDF from Acrobat reader on EPSON SX215 crashes

Beside my other problem related to extremely slow printing from Firefox and Thunderbird (see my other post for details about my configuration), I have the following problem printing PDFs from Adobe Acrobat Reader:

Several times a print from Adobe Acrobat Reader of a PDF page crashes. The printer status window shows that the printing is starting and after a few seconds it says "stopped". I was not yet able to pinpoint the problem, but it seems that is may be related to printing only 1 or a few pages. I have to reboot to allow printing after I have encountered the error. Removing the print from the list is (often ?) not sufficient. Even printing from other programs afterwards seems to fail (sometimes ?).

Has anyone else similar problems with this printer ?

Re: Printing PDF from Acrobat reader on EPSON SX215 crashes

BTW Printing from KPDF does nOT have this problem.

Comment

Re: Printing PDF from Acrobat reader on EPSON SX215 crashes

This response relates to both of your threads.

Please see THIS PAGE at the openprinting.org database site. If you don't already have it, you may want to install the epson-escpr printer driver. You will want either the deb(32 bit) or deb(64 bit) driver package (depending on your CPU). You're probably already using the gutenprint driver.

Slightly later: I hadn't checked out your thread at UFO, so I didn't make the connection between Avasys and the driver available at openprinting. Sorry!

Comment

Working...
      X