This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VMware & Hardware controls

I'm running Lucid with a VMware Windows XP virtual machine (for a little while longer). Am I correct that there is no way to change hardware settings within XP (e.g. reassigning mouse buttons) because Lucid retains control of the hardware? Does anyone know a way around this? Thanks.

Re: VMware & Hardware controls

If it is a USB mouse, and came with a Windows driver, then I would think you can install the Windows driver from within the VM (i.e. in VM make sure CD ROM drive is enabled, insert the CD with driver on it, run it, etc.).

Comment

Re: VMware & Hardware controls

So one would think, but it seems to have no effect. I tried reinstalling the driver, to no avail. Then I uninstalled the driver and used a different kind (but not different brand) of mouse with an install of its driver. Nada. Now, perhaps part of the problem is that they're Logitech mice, and Logitech does not have a reputation as being particularly Linux-friendly (so there are no Logitech drivers for Linux, at least that I can find).
      This is not a major inconvenience; I just find it curious that the virtual machine seems to be able to control some pieces of hardware, e.g. the printer, but not others. On the other hand, I hope this is my biggest problem of the decade.

Comment

Working...
      X