This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trouble with mouse and/or keyboard freezing

I have been experiencing this issue now for some time on one of my desktops. It normally is the mouse that will stop responding to movement. When this happens you can not logout of the user and you can not reboot the machine without using the power button on the tower.

After upgrading to 10.04 it has occurred a few times on the keyboard as well. Both keyboard and mouse are connected to the tower via usb ports. I have tried moving them around to different usb ports, to see if maybe one or more might be going bad, however it happens no matter where they are connected.

I have also replaced both the keyboard and mouse with others from around that house that are known to work. I am at a loss as to how to trouble shoot this. Does anyone have any advice with this? Some days it will happen as soon as a user logs in, others it won't happen at all. Just really beginning to be a PITA.

Thanks,
    -Eric

Re: Trouble with mouse and/or keyboard freezing

Possibly the observed "freezing" is due to a process consuming so much of the CPU that it is pausing between strobes of the USB bus. Open a Konsole and run "top", and see what is going on at the moment that the freeze happens. (probably a video issue ....)

Comment

Working...
    X