This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bluetooth headset not connecting - "input service"

I am attempting to connect a Bluetooth headset to my computer, but I get this error message

"Sorry your Bluetooth Device does not support input Service."

These are the steps:
    • Open Device Manager
    • Click "New" button
    • Go to Select Device in dialog box
    • Turn on discovery on the device, the device immediately shows up
    • Select the device, then click "Next"
    • Dialog box shows: Checking Your Bluetooth Device for input capabilities
    • Dialog box switches to: Sorry your Bluetooth Device does not support input Service.

The device is a 3XXPlantronics headset. The computer is a Thinkpad T510 (bought 5 weeks ago, received 3 weeks ago) with integrated Bluetooth (ThinkPad Bluetooth with Enhanced Data Rate (BDC-2 / BDC-2.1)). The headset fully works on Windows 7 and on Bluetooth capable phones. The laptop full works on Linux with a Bluetooth mouse.

Re: Bluetooth headset not connecting - "input service"

I am having that same problem with a different headset, I am using 10.04 all of the updates installed but i cannot for the life of me get it to connect to my headset. But this is only a problem with KDE's backend i believe, with the same hardware on normal ubuntu, aka gnome i am able to use my headset.

Comment

Re: Bluetooth headset not connecting - "input service"

you guys should try the blueman bluetooth manager , kbluetooth is not 100% working everywhere. it will be changed to another bluetooth manager in maverick so i would not expect to many fixes to be coming out for it.
      Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
      (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Working...
      X