This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How To get Hardware Support

The gist of this post is covered elsewhere, but lately it seems more and more of us are posting problems with little or no useful information.

Please help us help you:

1. Your Subject Line may be THE most important part of your post; "You never get a second chance to make a first impression." a wise person once said. Nothing will make or break your post like a good or bad subject line. Use as many details as you can fit. A good subject line will attract helpful knowledgeable persons to your aid. A bad or simply non-descriptive subject line will likely deflect those same persons to the next post without even opening yours. And please, when your issue is resolved (hopefully ), edit your original post and add Solved or Resolved or whatever applies to the subject line so that others know you've fixed your issue.

2. Be very specific with ALL your details; "I have a Toshiba Laptop and my wireless won't work" is not specific. Specific means model numbers, RAM amounts (when applicable), revision numbers if any (for example, almost all modems have revisions), year made if known and so on. If you don't kow it - go to your manufacturers website and look for it.

3. Search, read, attempt, and report;
    Tell us that you have done something. List what you're read, tried, failed at and so forth. It let's us know you're trying to fix your problem, not waiting for us to do your homework for you. This goes a long way toward convincing someone to stop and read and answer your post.

4. Copy error messages and attach log files when useful, but use discretion;
    100 lines of repeated identical error messages is not useful, but it is annoying to try and read. Many potential responders will simply move on to the next post. If you feel an entire log file may be important use the Attach function under Additional Options (near the bottom of the posting window).

Please Read Me

Re: How To get Hardware Support

MODS: I maybe be floggin' a dead 'orse with this thread - but consider a sticky for this section of the forum

Edit, move, or delete at your whim, O Wise Ones.. I bow to your command... 8)

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
    X