This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SD Card problems

I have Kubuntu Lucid although I don't think it has to do with what I am experiencing:

I have several SD cards. All cards normally appear under something like /dev/sdb1 depending on configuration. Of course they mount with the device notifier.

Recently I bought a Sanyo camcorder and one of the cards I had formatted using this unit.

After formatting I noticed several changes and problems:
    The card is not recognized anymore in other devices like my Canon camera. It displays "memory card error" and the format option is greyed out and not accessible.

Also, if I connect the card to my Kubuntu machines with a USB card reader it is not recognized at all. cat /proc/partitions does not show it.

If i plug it in my laptop using the built-in card reader it is recognized as /dev/mmcblk0p1 and can be mounted. Dolphin actually can mount it.
    cat /proc/partitions displays the devices /dev/mmcblk0 and /dev/mmcblk0p1

KDE partition manager does not see it at all no matter which device I use to plug it in.

I have tried to fdisk it and re-create the fat partition but it is still not recognized by the Canon camera nor by Kubuntu when I use the USB card reader.

I searched the net in vain for an explanation to this issue.

Any ideas?

metricus
Working...
X