X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intel gma 4500 mhd on laptop help

Hi,
    I am using a Toshiba with intel gma 4500 mhd gfx card, i can run some effects in Kubuntu 10.04, like transparent windows and present screen,etc. but they are all a little bit choppy ( especially on non kde apps ). Is it just that the drivers for linux are bad or the card cant handle the top notch effects ( desktop sphere, wobbly,animations,etc..)
    Are there any better safe drivers to try?

Thanks:<br />Using a Toshiba A300-21H ,3GB ram,Intel Core2Duo 2Ghz,Mobile Intel® GMA 4500MHD,intel wifi link 5100. Tux wants you!

Re: Intel gma 4500 mhd on laptop help

You posted this same question as Intel gma 4500 mhd on laptop help on the Kubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope | Hardware Support board. Cross-posting is something we don't like. Pick a board and post. If a moderator feels it isn't in the correct location, it will be moved. If you feel that you posted in the wrong board, contact a moderator and ask that it be moved.

So, does you question relate to 9.04 or 10.04?
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

O im sorry, i new i posted it yesterday but then the forums came up "service unavailable", i searched for my thread thinking i had put it in the 10.04 boards so just assumed it was never posted due to the down time - very sorry for the double post.

Anyway my question relates to 10.04, once again im sorry about the double post. I have heard about UMX or UMA settings in xorg.conf not sure if that could help me.
      Thanks:<br />Using a Toshiba A300-21H ,3GB ram,Intel Core2Duo 2Ghz,Mobile Intel® GMA 4500MHD,intel wifi link 5100. Tux wants you!

Comment

I'll merge the 9.04 post with this one. Oh, well I guess I can't, as you've already delete it.
        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

i have deleted it

Comment

Intel gma graphics are problematic for xorg.

Do some research on the web on your laptop model and see what is working for others.

Here's the project page http://intellinuxgraphics.org/

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
            X