X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATI dual head does not save config after a logout/restart

Hi,

I have a ATI FireGL video card on my workstation and I am trying to use the open source drivers to set up a dual head config. I start Kubuntu this leads my 2 monitors to be in a mirror mode, so both show the same. I go to the system settings app and define them as dual head but it does nothing, however if i start the /usr/bin/systemsettings app with sudo rights it works as i expected.

In the end when i log out or reboot i get back to the mirror mode. Really annoying...

I've also tried to get the closed source drivers to work, but then i get a really bad performance with the desktop, all effects are disabled and cannot be enabled and if i keep my workstation on for a couple of days it becomes really slow and sluggish.

Can someone using an ATI card help me to get dual head with desktop effects on Kubuntu, and i really don't care if it is using the OSS or closed source driver, all i want is a working solution

Re: ATI dual head does not save config after a logout/restart

with the closed driver you can set your options using
    [code=run this command alt+f2 for run box]kdesudo amdcccle[/code]
    Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
    (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Re: ATI dual head does not save config after a logout/restart

As i said originaly on the first post i can set the flgrx driver with amdcccle however i loose all the desktop effects and if i leave the machine on for weeks (which i do it is a workstation) the desktop becomes slow un responsive and sluggish.

So anwsers live use kdesudo amdcccle are not helpful at all.

Comment

Working...
      X