This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubu forums RSS feeds Android GReader RSSDemon

Originally I thought I'd put this in the forum comment section but the section is just about "problems" with the forum and this is not a problem.

I have an Android GalaxyS, about a year and a half old.

The "cut to the chase" is that the rss feeds from the forum work just fine on the phone.

Extended comments:

In both apps the addition of Kubu foums was pretty straightforward in that there were a variety of "places" at the forum to which one could link, but eventually one can find the "rss feed" link.

GReader tends to display the feed from a post in a somewhat more ........ hard to put it, more... "clear" presentation on the screen for me. The link to the actual post is nicely placed and easy to see. There is a rotating advert at the bottom.

RssDemon truncates the feed with a "....." So, instead of reading "the post" on the phone or using the link one just goes to the the forum with a click. It also has a rotating advert at the bottom.

I, personally, like being able to scan the entire post on the phone the first go around. The only need to click another button is if one want's to reply to the post.

But, this is all a matter of personal preference, I'm just commenting.

But....Kubuntu rss feed works well on both apps, so the forum admins are to be given a big thumbs up for their work!

If anyone desires more particulars please feel free to ask.

woodsmoke
    Last edited by woodsmoke; Sep 29, 2012, 04:26 PM.

I think that the forum software makes this a simple affair for us
    I don't use feeds for KFN, as I do like to post/edit easier so I just use Tapatalk to access the site on my phone. It is cool that there are so many ways to do the same things
    Last edited by claydoh; Sep 29, 2012, 04:58 PM.

Comment

I just tried going through "search" to get to the forums using my Galazy S Android, about a year and a half old, and did not, and have never, seen anything about "tapatalk".

however, there IS a rss feed symbol at the top on the URL box! woah!

a) for the front page
      b) for "the forums"
      c) for "help the new guy"
      d) AND for a specific thread in the foum.

When I tapped the symbol for the "thread" feed I got

Kubuntu Forums.Net RSS Feed
      Kubuntu Forums. Net-Help the new guy.

When I hit the one for "help the new guy", it took me to the Greader thing at Google mail/etc(my google home page) and gave me Kubuntu Forums. Net - Help....

And below it are the threads for the thread.

There is a "subscribe" button to the top left in blue and an explanation that I can click it to subscribe.

Klicking it did subscribe.

I just repeated this with the Quantal sub-forum.

So, the critical thing, it looks like is that one must subscribe to a thread that has been "enabled".

woodsmoke

Comment

Working...
      X